Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tomatoes and Basil...

On one side of our property we have this huge fenced area with a chicken coop, bunny cages, a big lawn, fruit trees and 2 huge planter beds. ( We are getting soem chickens in a couple of weeks, and I am sure there wil be some stories about that!!!!!!)But anyway...It was a little overwhelming when we first moved in, because I also just had baby number 3 two days before we moved in.
But after a couple of months we finally planted some vegetables and herbs. The last few days..tomatoes are just turning red left and right and I can't keep up with it. I try to eat tomatoes with everything....

Nice juice Kruger tomatoes
Our wonderful Basil...I cant say how nice it is to have fresh herbs....I use it all the time
Tomatoes in my window seal.....there is about 25 I think
This was my dinner tonight.....my kids would not touch it(...and Peter either...but I LOVED IT!

5 comments:

svmama3 said...

YOu are so lucky! I will have to follow in your gardening footsteps one of these days!

svmama3 said...

You will have to try this recipe. It is so so good and really easy!

http://white-bean.blogspot.com/2008/02/tomato-basil-chicken.html

Kruger Family said...

Thank you , I will try! You can come and pcik tomatoes and fresh herbs any day!

Lindsay said...

I can not even tell you how jealous I am right now. Fresh garden tomatoes are my absolute favorite food, and I have been going through some major withdrawals as of late. This Tucson heat is a garden killer. Ugh. By the way - I could eat a tomato sandwich every day - love it.

Tuihalalalala said...

Can you teach me how to grow a tomato garden Please!!