My day started out with having to take Benjmain to the Doctor, he had a double ear infection and was not a happy camper. We went to a birthday party....which was the fun part of the day...
On our way home we decided to go and get an ice cream..and makenna and Jonah both spilled it in the car...that was lovely!
When we came home I was just cleaning up and I know Makenna went to the bathroom, but she is pretty much self sufficient and we all went outside in the back yard. I was getting ready to go out shopping, just to get a little alone time. Suddenly I hear Peter open the window in our bathroom and yell HELP....
Not only had our little "princess" plugged the toilet, but it had overflowed all over the floor...so much for my alone time.....
Peter was really happy about this.
A pile of wet towels I had just cleaned and folded a few minutes earlier. While Peter and I was cleaning up...it took us a good 15 minutes, the kids were playing outside....
...and this is what they look like after unsupervised play.....
...so they all went in the shower while I was finishing cleaning up....then I go outside to see what damage they have done...
...and out sweet little puppy Ruby is digging in the dirt, covered in mud...So Peter had to get out of the shower and scrub the dog also..
By this time I am just so mad and thinking to myself...BRING IT ON...what more can happen..and I did not get my shopping and well needed break away from the kids.....
Maybe sometime next week I will get a minute or two by myself!


6 comments:
Oh man I hate days like that. I'm so sorry.... If your anything like me. That time alone is just golden and the only solution to make it through the next days. Hopefully you'll get that time alone plus the extra hours that were lost on Sat. It was however really good to see you at the party. I wish we had more time to spend together though. I always enjoy visiting with you.
I forgot to say how glad I was that the picture of Makenna covered in mud wasn't from the toilet instead.
the kids look like they are having fun and completely innocent. days like that suck. i can totally and utterly relate. i hope today is better!
you poor thing!!!! why does it always come all at once??
Those are the kinds of days that I just want to go back to bed, pull the covers over my head, and start all over. Wouldn't it be great if you could yell, "Time out! Do over!" and God would rewind our life a few hours so we could change our reality. I wish. ;)
I feel your pain. But your making memories...and someday it will all be very funny.
Post a Comment