Saturday, June 14, 2008

The joys of potty training...

Jonah happy to teach her how to use the potty

So Makenna is 2 1/2 and I have been wanting to potty train her for a few months, but with moving and the baby I just have not been ready! I knew a few days ago that she was getting ready as she lifted up her dress to make sure she had a pull-up on before she went pee!!!! I kept asking her when she was going to use the big potty and she would just say soon.

Well, we started Thursday because we ran out of diapers and pull-ups and I was not going to buy another pack at Costco, so I just told her that all the pull-ups where gone...
She ran around for a couple of days with a dress and no underwear, and she did not have one accident. She even held it during night time...However she has refused to go number 2...and it has been 3 days. I figured it would have to come sooner than later....

So today as we were visiting with some friends in the living room, she ran to the bathroom, pulling her pants and underwear down as she was running, and suddenly I just hear a scream. I thought she must have slipped and hurt her head or broken a leg, and we ran into the bathroom...She was standing devastated next to the toilet, where she had not quite made it, and she was so sad about missing the toilet. We had to really try not to laugh and make sure she knew that we were so proud of her.
She got her lollipop we had promised her, and she walked out happy as can be.

4 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Hi Katrine!
I'm so thrilled to see that you have a blog - yippee!! And my little man just turned 2 and 1/2 and is totally not potty-trained. I think you've inspired me to get more serious about getting him on the potty!
PS-Your kids are DARLING! :-)

Aaron said...

I hate potty training more than anything. Sounds like she is getting the hang of it all!

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

way to go Makenna! sounds like she is doing great! way to go Mommy too! it takes a lot of brain energy to potty train.

Olivia said...

Sounds like this training might be easy for you. She's got the idea. Good luck. Averie's been doing really well even with the twins and everything. So I'm sure Makenna will have it in no time.