Well, I managed to put the gingerbread house together. And I am glad it is suppose to be a rustic looking house...because I am a little rusty in putting it together. I used to make these with my mom every year and I have not made one for a few years....:) Whats really challenging is that I use melted sugar to put it together, and you only have about 2 seconds before it hardens....and it is really hot! I have a few burn marks...but not too many!
I posted some of these pictures for a couple of friends who wants to try and make it. Sabreena...make sure you double the recipie I gave you...I forgot to write that in the instructions! oh and also, Cover carboard with aluminum foil and make the house directly on it, then you don't have to try and transport it off later....

These are the pieces....

You have to glace the parts tha are used for rooftops....

Put the main parts together first...

Then add all the rest...

It turned out okay...at least the kids will enjoy it. I might have them decorate the roof with Mm's ....
6 comments:
You are too perfect Katrine. I cant believe you made that house from scratch. I cant wait to see it in person.
Wow! That is all I can say! My gingerbread house making abilities consist of buying one from Costco, and trying not to get too much goopy white frosting all over the place. Yours is very impressive!
Hold da op sikke et fancy hus! Vi har lige bagt vores og nu maa vi se om jeg kan samle det, men det er sandelig en lille hytte sammenlignet med dit. Dygtig dame! ;)
why am i surprised at the spectacular gingerbread house? i should learn by now never to set limits on what you can do. very impressive. i might try a house with graham crackers and store bought icing.
He, he - det pepperkakehuset så kjent ut! Veldig fint! Jeg har sluttet å lage etter at ungene spiste opp all pynten to dager etter at det sto ferdig for et par år siden... Så masse herlige bilder, så herlige unger - nyt, nyt!!!!!
Katrine! It looks gorgeous, just like I remember. THANK YOU SOO MUCH for sending me the pattern. I'm going to make it with my step-sons when they come up in a few days. I've never melted sugar, what temperature do I heat it to? How did you do the darker gingerbread accents at the base of the house? I'll make sure to double it.
Merry Christmas friend!!
Post a Comment